Candy Flower Pretzel Treats
Crafting and Cookie Party Part II
I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Of course, you have to have sweet treats at a crafting and COOKIE party. Although this isn’t truly a cookie it is close enough. The treat is colorful, pretty and very tasty. Super simple to make as well. My husband calls them “Crack” treats because he can’t quit eating them. The ladies liked them as well.
All you need is some candy discs, I used M&M‘s* in the Easter colors because I thought they were very pretty and spring-like. You can use whatever colors. I plan on making some of these treats for the Independence Day celebration with the red, white, and blue M &Ms and also think autumn colors for Thanksgiving.
You also need some Candy Melts.* I used the white ones. Truly you can use any color. I did give a deep thought to using green so it could look like grass beneath the flowers, but stuck with the white. The interesting thing about the candy melts, is the directions say to melt them in oven. They don’t actually “melt” as much as they get soft. If you leave them in the oven too long looking for them to be melted all over you will actually burn them and the melts become hard. Typically we use candy melts for dipping or candy molding so most are used to the disc melting and becoming more liquid. They will not in a low oven.
You will also need pretzel squares. I used Hanover Pretzel Snaps.* I am told that they are bigger ones out there. I believe that, and that would probably be easier to work with but i got what i got. I think the little squares are just fine.
To make you need
- Place parchment paper or a silicone mat on a cookie sheet
- Place pretzel square on parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Put a candy melt in the middle of each pretzel square
- Place cookie sheet with pretzels square and candy melt into an oven at 250 degrees
- Leave in for about 3 to4 minutes until candy melt is soft
- Remove from the oven.
- Place candy in the middle of candy melt and six candies around to form a flower shape.
- Place cookie sheet with flowers into the fridge to cool.
I have no idea what calorie counts are or how long it will take you. It is pretty simple, but as I say in the video, the time truly depends on how detailed you are