Happy Supreme Sacrifice Day!
Supreme Sacrifice Day recognizes the ultimate sacrifice made by some for the good of others. History is filled with examples of people who offered the supreme sacrifice for other people.
We offer these examples:
- Jesus Christ gave the supreme sacrifice when he died on the cross for us.
- Soldiers in battle gave their lives to protect our freedom, our way of life, and to keep us safe.
- Fireman and police officers have given their lives in the line of duty, while saving and/or protecting people.
- More often than you think, a young man or a young women caught up in a love triangle, gave up the chase for the sake of their loved one.
- Parent sacrifice daily on behalf of their children
- The list goes on and on and on.
Today is a day to reflect and offer thanks and appreciation to those who made the supreme sacrifice for us!